Friday, March 23, 2012

Bittersweet Goodbye

My sweet Uncle Lowell passed away this March. He was 82 years old and lost his long battle with cancer. He will be sorely missed by so many. I have tons of fond memories of him. He was never without a tan, handsome, and alway greeted me with a kiss and big bear hug. He oozed love, patience, and kindness.

I was lucky enough to be able to attend his beautiful funeral in St. George. It is the only upside of this kind of gathering- getting to see and reconnect with family. I love my cousins and am lucky to have such a big, fun family.

This is my uncle's wife and their five children.

Some sistas. Becca and Ali.

My bros. Jon was there but missed the photo op.

Me and the mom.

And my sassy niece Cassy

After the funeral, my bro James and I talked all the way to the strip in Las Vegas, where he dropped me off for a beautiful wedding. If you want to feel old I highly recommend attending the wedding of a kid you used to babysit. It was awesome!

No comments: